Pregnancy massage can be of enormous benefit not only to the Mother but also to the unborn baby. It emotionally and physiologically supports a woman during a time when her body is undergoing many changes and can help prepare her body for birth.
Pregnancy is a wonderful time for a woman, but with the joys of a new baby's development, comes many changes to the mother's body putting pressure on joints, ligaments and organs often causing discomfort and pain.
Furthermore research shows that the baby can benefit greatly from massage as "feel good" endorphins released by the mother during massage are passed onto the baby.
Receiving regular massage whilst pregnant can make the mother more aware of her own body. This can help with the ability to relax during the 1st. stage of labour often resulting in shorter and easier births, less pain and a lower rate of postnatal complications. Furthermore it can lead to increased breast feeding success due to the increased prolactin and mammary development.
- Stimulation of the circulation, this will distribute essential nutrients ans fluid to all the vital organs of the body, especially the placenta, which will feed and aid the development of the baby.
- Lymphatic drainage will eliminate toxins from the cells and blood and help reduce oedema.
- Sluggish bowel movement is aided, helping to avoid constipation and haemorrhoids.
- Releases muscular tension of the upper back, shoulders, lower back and hips, easing the discomfort of sciatica, prolapse discs and Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD), often caused by postural change and hormone release.
- Releases compression on the nerves caused by muscle tension or oedema.
- Helps to avoid varicose veins from developing.
- Massaging the intercostals and pectoral muscle will help the respiratory system and aid breathing during the pregnancy and birth.
- Induces deep relaxation and peaceful sleep.
- Helps to reduce emotional stress, anxiety and creates a sense of well-being.
- Helps to lower or keep high blood pressure balanced.
- Massage encourages the release of oxytocin. This is a pain reducing hormone providing vital relief of pain during labour and birth.
Benefits of pregnancy massage
Pre-natal massage, including a special couch design to accommodate pregnant women.
30 minutes..........£35 / 45 minutes..........£40 / 1 hour..........£50